kiem tien, kiem tien online, kiem tien truc tuyen, kiem tien tren mang
Friday, September 2, 2011

“Go Green- Why Education is the Solution to Pollution”
I believe that an overall lack of knowledge and awareness concerning environmental issues and the current state of our planet is the most substantial problem facing our environment today. All ecological issues that we currently face are equally important and cumulatively combine to create the state of our environment and consequently affect our health as well. On the whole, there is a general lack of perspective regarding environmental issues and how we can grow and change as a society to mitigate them holistically. As a Registered Nurse I recognize the vital connection between our environment, education, and health, which is a principal factor as to why I am a passionate environmental advocator. I believe that personalizing the environmental-health connection with meaningful education is fundamental in initializing sustainable change on an individual, societal, and even global scale.

This perspective leads me to the conclusion that identifying the most significant environmental concern is an incredibly complex question, and requires an equally complex answer. I believe that the answer is education. Through my work and volunteer experience I have concluded that Personalization is the key to effective communication, and is therefore necessary for meaningful education.

When we know better, we do better. With proper knowledge, we gain the tools necessary to take affirmative action. When we begin taking affirmative action, and seeing positive results we feel empowered. Empowerment is what ultimately leads to positive environmental change, which is why I started the “Go Green” initiative in my community.

The Go Green program personalizes environmental issues, and therefore makes ecological issues relevant to each individual. By committing to an “Act of Green” such as hanging clothes to dry, using public transit, composting, or using re-usable mugs at work (as just a few examples), each person makes a public declaration of their intent. This is where the dialogue begins- simple changes are noticed and become significant. As naturally curious human beings we begin to wonder why Sally loads up her car with recyclables every other Saturday, or why Bill started walking to work in the mornings, or how Sue had such success with her garden this year and why she credits her new compost. They each had success with making a positive change, and we therefore believe that we too are capable of the same. As commitments are made, empowerment blossoms, and through small actions extensive positive change is achieved. This is the basis of the Go Green Initiative.

My presentation will introduce Education as the most important factor in achieving positive change. I will outline my program as my personal initiative for change, and how it aims to empower others. I personally took a small step towards change and was successful, and it is very reasonable and practical for others to do the same. I utilize my program as an example for the power of education in environmental change.

Are you committed?

Commit yourself to protect our Mother Earth. Visit www.ashleamoor.ca

0 comments:

Post a Comment

domain, domain name, premium domain name for sales

Popular Posts